Make greatness yours! What makes the great ones great…and how you can achieve your own greatness. Using rich personal accounts from some of the great winners in sports, Don has distilled Sixteen Consistent Characteristics of Greatness in his book, “Greatness, The 16 Characteristics of True Champions.” To learn more about Don’s speaking and writing, log on to: www.DonYaeger.com.
1. It’s Personal - They hate to lose more that they love to win.
2. Rubbing Elbows - They understand the value of association.
3. Believe - They have faith in a higher power.
4. Contagious Enthusiasm - They are positive thinkers…They are enthusiastic…and that enthusiasm rubs off.
5. Hope For The Best, But… They prepare for all possibilities before they step on the field.
6. What Off-season? They are always working towards the next game… The goal is what’s ahead, and there is always something ahead.
7. Visualize Victory - They see victory before the game begins.
8. Inner Fire - They use adversity as fuel.
9. Ice In Their Veins - They are risk-takers and don’t fear making a mistake.
10. When All Else Fails - They know how and when to adjust their game plan.
11. Ultimate Teammate - They will assume whatever role is necessary for the team to win.
12. Not Just About The Benjamins - They don’t just play for the money.
13. Do Unto Others - They know character is defined by how they treat those who cannot help them.
14. When No One Is Watching - They are comfortable in the mirror…They live their life with integrity.
15. When Everyone Is Watching - They embrace the idea of being a role model.
16. Records Are Made To Be Broken - They know their legacy isn’t what they did on the field. They are well rounded.